Wednesday, July 1, 2020

On Lying

So I misled readers in my last post.  I suggested that I never leave home except for the odd trip to the grocery store, when in fact I've visited my fiancee's family three times in the past two weeks.  I hid the truth in favor of a lie that better illustrated the point I was making.  

What's worse, I consciously posted that lie with today's post (about lying) in mind!

 I'm not alone in forging an alternative reality for the sake of expediency, not in a massive my-inauguration-crowd-was-the-biggest kind of way, but in a series of minute deviations from the truth that only display their pull power when taken as a whole.  

We humans are nasty little specimens, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golf as a Metaphor for Life

Just like in life, there’s a plan. (Drive it onto the fairway. Hit an iron to get you around the green. Chip it near the pin. Put it in.) An...